Recent comments

• I did not know he tried to deny Sandy Hook and I agree, that is astoundingly atrocious if true. But on economics, trade he is of sound mind.

Reply to: The Looting Machine Called Capitalism   1 year 12 months ago
    EPer:
  • you don't expect us to take this guy seriously, do you:?

2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School attack[edit]
    In March, 2016, Roberts published an article claiming that many pictures associated with the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting were "doctored." He further claimed that he was unable to determine if the shootings had actually taken place or not.[67]
    2013 Boston Marathon bombings[edit]

He thinks everything is a conspiracy, false flag, or rigged event.

Americans are exceptional, and we see through your BS, Roberts.

Reply to: The Looting Machine Called Capitalism   1 year 12 months ago
    EPer:
  • The propaganda drumbeat machine of the whatever they are political groups drowns out anything and everything off whatever message they wish to pound out.

Reply to: The Great US Natural Gas Exports Myth   2 years 3 days ago
    EPer:
  • Ha! Tune in Wed for Mike Rogers testimony and Thursday Jim Comey (though Comey is likely testifying about obstruction of justice). This will be fun. I think Mueller will roll the hole lot them up. I hope they let Trump tweet from jail.

Reply to: It’s Time for a Rant about this Trump/Russia Foolishness!   2 years 2 weeks ago
    EPer:
  • Democrats and Clinton in particular are in complete denial as to why they lost the election. First off they haven't been building a bench at the state and local levels. The republicans have successfully done so starting at the dog catcher and school board level and working the way up. Democrats have had no such strategy, focusing entirely on national elections and ignoring the locals. In my district, the democrats didn't even bother field a warm body in 2/3rds of the local positions - republicans ran unopposed

they have also focused entirely on coastal elites and kicked their traditional rust belt labor base to the curb - many of these voters went trump or third party, but would have supported Sanders or Biden

And most importantly, Hillary was just a plain lousy candidate that failed to energize the base and turn out voters.

So assuming if there is any fire to all the Russia smoke, they did do us one big favor and show us how undemocratic and corrupt the system has become, with the DNC clearly putting their thumb on the scale for Clinton over Sanders or any other candidate not named Clinton

Reply to: It’s Time for a Rant about this Trump/Russia Foolishness!   2 years 1 month ago
    EPer:
  • Right on brother. You hit the nail on the head. The Russians have become the "Phantom" bogeyman...a mythical source of evil. Surely the Dems can not believe they could have lost the election by themselves it had to be some mystical power that captured the DNC computers. By the way, did I miss something: Are we at war with Russia for them to qualify as the phantom bogeyman?? I thought with some clever foreign policy, we might make them into allies if we found common ground. To me the shock is the CIA wiretapping of Americans and then gifting their illegal derived data to the NSA for them to pass it on to the press. What I don't hear about are the criminal investigations into this activity. Where is the Justice Department on these criminal acts?

• There is so much.
    One side wants preferential tax policies that favor people with money and profits over people who earn money and produce profits. They want freedom from Government (taxes and regulations) and favors from Government (contracts, services and bailouts). They favor trade treaties that benefit global corporations at the expense of our Nation and its citizens. They decry illegal immigration but savor using self-imported slave labor.
    The other side believes the answer to any problem is one more Government program. They place redistribution of existing wealth above creation of more wealth. They identify with women, blacks, LBGTs, Hispanics, Muslims, the poor…………. with the concerns average working Americans thrown in as an afterthought. They support those who have entered the Nation illegally at expense of those Americans at the bottom of the income ladder.
    Neither side wants their constituents to pay taxes, both sides want their spending priorities and neither side wants responsibility for the resulting debt. Both sides lack the courage to break from the policies of Empire and perpetual war that are the driving forces behind our accelerating decline.
    Take this as the tip of the iceberg.

Reply to: Prevailing Truths   2 years 2 months ago
    EPer:
  • could you elaborate on your last sentence.

Reply to: Prevailing Truths   2 years 2 months ago
    EPer:
  • The worse is finding the specifics on data. The import/export prices are truly revised over and over and the raw categories is almost impossible to find. We know that crude is less of a percentage yet here is the deficit roaring back, taking a chunk out of the economy.

Reply to: 4th Quarter GDP Revised to Show Growth at a 2.1% Rate   2 years 3 months ago
    EPer:
  • Do tell what connection they have and what evidence is and where is based? Have you read his other articles?and i thought only media neoconservative clown proping propaganda mouth picez and pseudo democrats where spinning bs.

Reply to: Prevailing Truths   2 years 3 months ago
    EPer:
  • A lot going on with "immigration" gets into such hype and fake news, statistical lies, it becomes impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff. But...services I believe including imported foreigners just placed in the U.S. Say a corporation outsources it's support to India, but if that company establishes itself as a U.S. division, yet has all workers on work Visas from India, I believe that counts as a service export instead of an import.

Reply to: Trade Deficit, Up 9.6% in January, on Track to Clip 78 Basis Points from Q1 GDP   2 years 3 months ago
    EPer:
  • our trade in services surplus is in jeopardy there have been widespread reports that tourism to the US will be way down because of the travel ban fiasco and the stepped up aggressiveness of DHS...even a Canadian group put out an advisory against travelling to the US....for the next several months, a lot of those tourist dollars wont be there to offset our massive trade imbalance in goods...

Reply to: Trade Deficit, Up 9.6% in January, on Track to Clip 78 Basis Points from Q1 GDP   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • “non-existent “Russian connections”” This is as delusional as any neocon’s belief in WMDs or any liberal’s belief that illegal immigration is a good thing. That being said the remainder of your post is spot on. The Military Industrial Security Complex (MISC) has been suckling at the Government tit for 70 years and now our great savior is pouring even more resources into its black hole. The 2016 election showed that both sides can be wrong for America for entirely different reasons.

Reply to: Prevailing Truths   2 years 3 months ago
    EPer:
  • That's quite a jump and oil shouldn't be the reason either.

EPer:
  • It is now 2017. Perhaps it is time for an update on this article. I know I never re-entered the workforce. Still ready, willing, and able to work.

Reply to: Long-Term Unemployed Baby Boomers in 2013   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • I was laid off along with 39 other people during the recession following 2008. This was after going three years without a pay raise as the company explained they were having financial difficulties. I had it on the word of the person doing the bookkeeping that this comoany was NOT in troubke and rather enjoying great profits. At the time I was 58 years of age. As weeks turned to months, then to years of unemployment despite a wide job search and canvassing, both in and out of my field, all I could think was thank God I wasnt 49 as I would not be able to sustain myself long enough to collect a meager pension and Social Security. I could not obtain even a minimum wage job in retail ( "overqualified") The indignity of being left to rot with nothing but television and walking has left me chronically depressed and at times suicidal. The part that galls me the most is the company I once worked for simply picked up stakes, moved to another nearby town and hired completely new, more cost-effective staff. I am part of the living dead. Noone cares. When I finally collected my social security I officially declared I was not retiring, I stated I was unemployed with no other options. The clerk at SS said she hears that a lot. I explained I possess literacy skills and am highly computer literate. I refuse to join AARP for this reason. It just today came to my attention that my spouse enrolled me in AARP. I intend to write a letter and recind my membership as I am not retired, I am unemployed for seven and a half years. I am not a retiree. Ready, willing and able to work. Noone will give older workers a chance, yet we are told to reinvent ourselves. I hear you about wanting to belt them hard. One day I just may.

Reply to: Long-Term Unemployed Baby Boomers in 2013   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • Surprise, surprise, surprise so the skank businessman who‘s been ripping people off for years has given the pipeline steel contract to a Russian oligarch who is a close associate to Putin. Democrats, as you pointed out, are doubling down on kicking Americans while they’re down in their support of illegal immigrants and refugees. Democrats are the only Party who could jump off a bridge and miss the water. Republicans would give tax credits to a Russian gangster to build the bridge, charge a toll and pollute the water.

Reply to: 4th Quarter GDP Growth Remains at a 1.9% Rate   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • Truly, this revision was deceptive since the end result was no change and most probaby missed the revisions and how the trade deficit ate up all of the gains.

Here is the original GDP release overview or comparison's sake.

Let's just hope Trump gets somewhere with improving the trade situation. So far, he caved on US products for a pipeline, imported, not U.S. steel and seems to be just wrecking the environment as an accomplishment while liberals chant racism and shove unlimited immigration down the throats of America.
    Somehow I don't think the GOP is going to give America what it needs to reduce costs, universal single payer health care, so if he caves on Trade the silver lining is gone. Seems to be disappearing very fast.

Reply to: 4th Quarter GDP Growth Remains at a 1.9% Rate   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • i'm seeing several media articles a day about how the OPEC cuts will restrict supply, and they're invariably cited as the reason for each oil price rise...but there it is, in black and white, two tables from OPEC own very wonkish global analysis of production and consumption that clearly say gloabl oil supply still exceeds demand by a bunch..

Reply to: Despite OPEC Cuts, Global Glut Grows A Million Barrels a Day   2 years 4 months ago
    EPer:
  • This is really just shocking since I heard peak oil and supply will start to run out so often and in 2017, oversupply with dramatic production cuts.

Pages